Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Cassel and Brown Pass the Test

Both of these picks are for the playoffs, so they will get the minutes they need to get (Brown) or stay (Cassel) in shape. Sleepy Sam is the key here for me. Rondo is doing great, but House has been inconsistent as his back-up (although he has tried like hell to get the job done—I like the kid). Sammy C is a quality back-up who can, for a short time, deliver the ball to the Big 3, shoot and put up some defense. If anyone loses minutes, it will be House first, then Davis and Powe.

Brown didn't seem to have much last year, so I don't expect to see him for extended periods of time. Maybe a bit for KG, to keep him fresh. Pierce is a horse and doesn't need a lot more rest, and Ray Allen looks like his is getting stronger.

I am estatic for the Celts. I remember listening to them on radio with my father and brothers back in the fifties. Then they dominated, in spite of the fact that every official was against them and made horrible calls just so they would lose. Or, at least, that is what Johnny Most said, and he wouldn't lie to us!

No comments: