Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Dribble

82 games is a lot to play, especially for the older guys. I suspected there would be a let-down, and I'm glad it's now and not in May or June. I wouldn't mind seeing Garnett shut down until after the All-Star break to make sure he's healthy for the second half (though I fear Pierce and Allen developing bad habits in his absence). They need the break, and then they'll find their mojo again. It's motivation...they'll start getting pumped up again soon. I love Garnett, but I imagine it's tough for him and for all the players to maintain that sort of intensity all the time. A back-up point guard will help immensely, so the real question is: Stoudamire or hold out and hope for Cassell? As long as House and Tony never have to bring the ball up the court, we'll be ok!

In other news, two weeks between conference championships and the Super Bowl is ridiculous. I can't take any more hype; play the game!!!

No comments: